First Time Visit to Dental Office
Here at Smile Maker, we proudly provide the finest quality dental care and personal treatments to individuals and families in Philadelphia. If you are new to Smile Maker, we would like to take this chance to welcome you, and to walk you through what your first appointment will look like. Your initial visit will begin with a consultation with Dr. Karagodsky, who will evaluate your oral health, and explain your treatment options. On some occasions, treatments and procedures can be executed the same day as this initial consultation. However, more complex dental cases will render this an impossibility. Instead, Dr. Karagodsky will lay out a treatment plan for every step of your procedure.
Please assist us by providing us with the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time, and allow us to help you process any claims.
- A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition which may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e. antibiotics, for pre-med.)
We accept many types of Dental Insurance. To be confident, you should call our dental office at 215-969-2016 to find out whether or not we take the type of insurance you have.X-Rays
In the event that your previous dentist has taken x-rays (within a 6 month time frame), you may request that they are forwarded to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
We hope that by scrolling through our website you will use the information contained within it to educate yourself on some of the procedures and dental services we offer here at Smile Maker. Informed patients make better choices about their oral health, which is why we have included thorough information about our restorative and cosmetic dental procedures, and on preventative care. As a leading Philadelphia dentist, Dr. Karagodsky wants to ensure that you have a stress-free and comfortable experience when you come into his dental office. His primary goal is for you to have a healthy and great-looking smile you can feel confident about when leaving Smile Maker.
11880 Bustleton Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19116